Here is what we notice about the market right now:
- Listings are receiving fewer offers compared to 60 days ago – instead of 10 offers, a listing might have 2.
- There are now several instances of a listing only having one offer.
- Sellers who were overly-aggressive with their list price have to quickly reduce in order to generate activity.
- Inventory is up and in some areas significantly, giving buyers more options and flexibility.
- Home buyers who are under contract with a new home waiting for that new home to be built have been negatively impacted by rising rates.
- More buyers are considering 7 and 10-year mortgage products in order to have a lower interest rate.
- The pendulum is swinging away from the drastic seller’s market we have seen for the last 18 months.