Photo by letsbemates.com.au
Working from home is an aspiration for many of us, but to do so effectively takes effort. A disorganized space at home can be just as troublesome as a hectic office. The most disciplined telecommuters will tell you that you need a structured routine and organization to get into work mode.
Having a designated workspace helps you set the tone for your day. Even if you live in a small space, you need to find a balance between home and office. People who work from home often have a difficult time separating work hours from their non-work hours because it’s so easy to continue working late into the night. However, maintaining a balance and shutting down the computer is important for your overall wellbeing. These five tips can help you create the perfect home office:
- Natural Light – Study upon study tells us that natural light is needed to boost productivity and mood. Make sure to set your desk up as close to a window as you can. If being near a window isn’t an option, a natural light lamp is the next best thing. It helps balance your body clock and leaves you feeling rested and refreshed.
- To-Do List or Planner – Start each day off by making a to-do list outlining what you need to get done before the end of the workday. Make sure to set a realistic time frame in which all of that should be completed, so you can check each one off the list and feel immense accomplishment once you’ve completed them all.
- Storage – If you have a big enough space, put in a large bookshelf where you can organize everything (think storage boxes). It reduces clutter and looks stylish. Using your walls and cabinetry is the most efficient use of space.
- Calendar – Many people tend to rely on digital calendars these days because of their convenience. When all of your devices sync together and pop up with reminders, you never have to worry about missing an appointment. However, many people find that it helps to keep a paper calendar handy too so you can easily view your whole month at a glance.
- Space for Inspiration – It doesn’t matter what field you work in, having a source of inspiration in your workspace is essential. Whether it’s a photo of your family, your dream car, or that vacation you’ve been dying to take, having that inspiration right in front of you provides a constant reminder of why you do what you do.
Amazing detail in this luxurious home surrounded by open space at 5709 Aksarben Drive in Windsor! Open floor plan w/ formal dining & living, and cozy family room w/ fireplace. Enormous eat-in kitchen w/ ample cabinet& counter space, island w/ bar seating, and walk-in pantry. Main floor In-law suite, built in desk area, and huge mudroom. Gigantic master suite w/ luxury bath including dual head shower, soaker tub and his/hers walk-in closets. Bonus loft area, second master, plus tons of storage. Covered deck and beautiful views! Contact Paul Hunter for your private showing at (970) 673-7283 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Beautiful 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms ranch-style home at 3314 Yule Trail Drive in the popular Trailhead community. Located just minutes from Old Town Fort Collins, your new home features a wide-open floor plan with vaulted ceilings, large living room and gas fireplace. Great kitchen with hardwood floors, gas range oven and plenty of storage. Sprawling master suite with five-piece bath. Covered porch and fenced backyard for entertaining and relaxing. Huge unfinished basement for future expansion. A great home and terrific value! Contact Jon Holsten for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Immaculate 1 bedroom condo at 5151 West 29th Street in Greeley’s popular T-Bone Ranch community! This home features a main level entry with attached 1 car garage access. All living space is on the 2nd floor and boasts a large kitchen with new countertops and plenty of storage. High vaulted ceilings, gas fireplace, and upgraded lighting. HOA fee includes water, trash, swimming pool and clubhouse. This beautiful home is a great value…and move-in ready! Contact Jon Holsten for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Nestled on a quiet cul-de-sac, 3215 Burning Bush in The Ponds neighborhood. This home features a main-level master suite with 5-piece bath & large walk-in closet. Sprawling kitchen with granite counter tops & plenty of cabinet space. Formal dining & living rooms with vaulted ceilings & fireplace. Nicely finished garden level basement with large rec room, bedroom, & storage. Brand new interior paint & carpet throughout! Elevated deck overlooks beautifully landscaped yard backing to green space with excellent views. Contact Jon Holsten for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Fantastic, hard-to-find 3 bedroom ranch-style Townhome at 3500 Swanstone Dr is located in the popular Stone Ridge neighborhood. Featuring a wide-open floor plan, vaulted ceilings & brand new carpet. This home has formal living & dining areas, spacious sun room, office & large kitchen with plenty of counter space. Finished basement with bedroom, bath, large rec room & storage. Private back yard. 2-car garage. HOA includes exterior maintenance, front lawn care, trash, snow removal & neighborhood pool. An amazing home, excellent value! Contact Jon Holsten for your private showing at 970-237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This town-home at 32 Sebring Ln has newer flooring, fresh paint & new appliances make this unit move in ready. Open main floor living with a gas fireplace, eat in kitchen & lots of storage. Upper level master suite for privacy, a small fenced in yard w/patio & a 2 car garage. Full unfinished basement for future expansion. HOA takes care of the mowing, exterior maintenance & snow removal. This unit is ready to be your home! Contact Jennifer Cuningham for your private showing at 970-646-1921 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This boutique 16.85 acre fenced horse property at 1750 N County Rd 29 includes an all-brick ranch style home, large shop with private office perfect for in home business and 3-stall barn with tack room. Updated kitchen, large island w granite, hardwood floors, two master suites on the main level, partially finished basement, unfinished loft for storage. This is Colorado Living at its finest with views & abundant wildlife in every direction. Contact Chris Guillan for your private showing at 970-310-9357 for more information or click the link below for more details.