Image Source: Canva
When it comes time to sell your home, first impressions are crucial. Improving your curb appeal helps to make the most of a buyer’s first glance and sets the stage for their interest in purchasing your home. The following projects are simple and inexpensive ways to enhance both your home’s first impression and its value.
- Lawn: A healthy, well-tended lawn goes a long way towards improving your curb appeal. Clean up all weeds, leaves and debris, and consistently water your lawn to give it that fresh green look. If you live in an arid climate, consider grass alternatives like artificial turf for the best lawn aesthetic.
- Plant colorfully: Adding color variety to your front yard will grab buyers’ attention. Align smaller plants, like groundcover and flowers, neatly within your flower beds, aiming for symmetry when possible. Use larger plants and trees to frame in your entryway or walkup. If your front yard doesn’t have flower beds, try adding hanging planters or window boxes.
- Lighting: Landscaping lighting boosts your curb appeal during nighttime, accentuates your shrubbery, and adds a welcoming touch for visitors as potential buyers, lighting the way to your door.
Image Source: Canva
Front porches set the stage for all your home has to offer. Improvements here will play a significant role in how comfortable potential buyers feel about the property and how inspired they are to explore the inside of the house.
- Door: Your front door is an opportunity to make a tasteful statement. Look at bold color choices that are within or slightly stretch your home’s exterior color palette. Take time to prepare the surface for a fresh coat of paint to make the color pop as much as possible. Try stylish doorknob options that accentuate the aesthetic to give your door some added flair.
- House numbers: New and stylish house numbers are an easy, eye-catching touch to the look of your porch. Look for styles that match with your exterior color palette and any exterior lighting fixtures.
- Go for comfort: Incorporating classic front porch elements like a porch swing, sitting bench, and other outdoor furniture gives a welcoming aura to the front of your home and creates a sense of comfort for prospective buyers.
- Shutters: Windows are the gateway to the inside of your home. Shutters of delicate fabric will bring elegance to your front porch, while wooden shutters deliver a solid, cozy vibe.
These miscellaneous projects will add the finishing touches to your home’s curb appeal and get it in prime selling condition.
- Quick maintenance: Small chores and minor fixes like cleaning gutters, repairing chipped paint, and cleaning windows are important for buyers with a detailed eye.
- Staining: Instead of replacing fences or garage doors, look into applying a fresh stain. This brings a refreshed look and is much cheaper than a full renovation or replacement.
- Power wash: Power washing your walkways and driveways makes a significant difference in curb appeal. If buying a power washer is outside your budget, explore rental options from the big-name hardware stores.
Prime location for this stunning, one of a kind 5 acre property.
Featuring a sprawling 3 bed 3 bath ranch home with new exterior paint, new carpet and a large sun room! The large barn with tack room and 3 stalls lead out to a round pen with access to 3 pastures and 2 streams. 1/10 interest in the Woolard Place reservoir allows for pasture irrigation and main house sprinkler system. The beautiful mature landscape is great to see and experience the abundant wildlife. Contact Jacqueline Feil at (970) 402-7509 for your private showing for more information or click the link below for more details.
Economists say there are three reasons why we aren’t in a housing bubble today.
The first reason they mention is the amount of new home construction compared to the 2006 housing bubble.
Today, along the Front Range, new home starts are down 38% compared to 2006. This is despite a much higher population than 12 years ago.
A major factor that caused the bubble was the glut of new construction inventory which doesn’t exist today.
Metrostudy, a leading new home research firm, says that Front Range builders need to have built 30,000 more new homes over the last 5 years to keep up with demand.
To see the whole story about our market along with other stats and trends, watch the recording of Tuesday’s Windermere Workshop right here.
If you want to be totally clear on all the stats, facts and trends in Colorado real estate so that you know what the future value of your home looks like, watch this video.
This is a complimentary service for our clients and friends.
Welcome home to 9205 Gold Mine Rd in the scenic foothills of Loveland. This 3 bedroom 4 bathroom log home sits on 38 acres, only 20 minutes to Fort Collins & Loveland…360* views of the front range, Horsetooth, & Longs Peak. Featuring gorgeous hardwood floors, new carpet, updated kitchen, large wrap around deck, 3 car insulated garage and views to die for. Situated in the gated community of Muley Park this home is a piece of Colorado paradise that won’t disappoint. Call Chris Guillan for your private showing at 970-310-9357 or click the link below for more details.
Beautifully updated downtown home on an extra large corner lot – perfect for the urban farmer.
You could be living here by the time all the landscaping starts to bloom. Two bedrooms upstairs, 2 non-conforming bedrooms downstairs. The basement is finished, nicer than you ever see in downtown homes. So many great details were added to this home such as built-ins, crown molding, pull-out shelves, and new bedroom carpet. Windermere Certified Listing!
Call our office for more details at (970) 460-3033 or visit http://windermerenoco.com/listing/54104303.
Location, Location, Location! Come home to this maintenance-free living, quiet end unit town home in desirable Stone Creek.
Easy access to I-25 and Hwy 34, shops at Centerra, schools and hospitals. HOA covers water, sewer,trash, exterior maintenance, exterior insurance, landscaping, snow removal, basic cable, fitness center, clubhouse, pool and hot tub! Relax in your cozy living room with a gas fireplace. Unfinished basement for your future expansion.
For more information, please contact us at 970-460-3033 or by clicking here: http://windermerenoco.com/listing/53981229.