Open and spacious foyer welcomes you with updated engineered hardwoods and vaulted ceilings. Upstairs enjoy the quiet open loft. The private master retreat is spacious and boast of a well appointed master bath. The secondary bedroom also has it’s own private bath. On the main level, the spacious living room provides a warm welcoming feel with a fireplace that flows to the kitchen and private backyard oasis. 2 car attached garage!
This past Wednesday and Thursday evenings we had the pleasure of hosting our annual Market Forecast events in Denver and Fort Collins.
Thank you to the 700 people who attended. We appreciate your support!
In case you missed the events, here are some highlights including our forecast for price appreciation in 2019:
• In 2018 Prices went up:
o 8% in Fort Collins
o 8% in Loveland
o 8.5% in Greeley
o 8% in Metro Denver
• Inventory is (finally) showing signs of increasing:
o Up 25% in Northern Colorado
o Up 45% in Metro Denver
• There are distinct differences in months of inventory across different price ranges = opportunity for the move up buyer.
• There are several reasons why we don’t see a housing bubble forming:
o New home starts along the Front Range are roughly 60% of pre-bubble highs 14 years ago.
o Americans have more equity in their homes than ever, $6 Trillion!
o The average FICO score of home buyers is significantly higher than the long-term average.
o The home ownership rate is back to the long-term average.
• Our 2019 Price Appreciation Forecast:
o 6% in Fort Collins
o 6% in Loveland
o 7% in Greeley
o 6% in Metro Denver
If you would like a copy of the presentation, go ahead and reach out to us. We would be happy to put it in your hands!
Nestled on a quiet cul-de-sac, 3215 Burning Bush in The Ponds neighborhood. This home features a main-level master suite with 5-piece bath & large walk-in closet. Sprawling kitchen with granite counter tops & plenty of cabinet space. Formal dining & living rooms with vaulted ceilings & fireplace. Nicely finished garden level basement with large rec room, bedroom, & storage. Brand new interior paint & carpet throughout! Elevated deck overlooks beautifully landscaped yard backing to green space with excellent views. Contact Jon Holsten for your private showing at (970) 237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Attention first time homeowners and investors! Don’t miss out on this opportunity to own this very nice 2 bed, 2 bath, second level condo at 1225 W Prospect Rd. This unit features new black stainless steel appliances and a newer water heater. Contact Greg Rittner for your private showing at (970) 682-3050 for more information or click the link below for more details.
You can’t beat the location either being just a few blocks from the heart of the CSU campus. This one won’t last, schedule your showing today!
Fantastic, hard-to-find 3 bedroom ranch-style Townhome at 3500 Swanstone Dr is located in the popular Stone Ridge neighborhood. Featuring a wide-open floor plan, vaulted ceilings & brand new carpet. This home has formal living & dining areas, spacious sun room, office & large kitchen with plenty of counter space. Finished basement with bedroom, bath, large rec room & storage. Private back yard. 2-car garage. HOA includes exterior maintenance, front lawn care, trash, snow removal & neighborhood pool. An amazing home, excellent value! Contact Jon Holsten for your private showing at 970-237-2752 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This well-maintained home at 1112 101st Ave Ct is located in West Greeley in the Promontory neighborhood. With easy access to Loveland, Windsor and Ft. Collins, this is the perfect starter home or income property. This West facing house has new quartz counter tops, subway tile back splash, maple cabinets, and traditional hickory ﬂoors in the kitchen and in the entryway. Contact Lindsey Crisanti for your private showing at 970-420-4498 for more information or click the link below for more details.
This move in ready home at 2168 Ballard Ln offers a main ﬂoor master, brand new carpet and exterior paint. Newer appliances, amazing vaulted ceilings, loft, hardwood ﬂoors, newer ﬁxtures, corner lot, 22’x12′ deck, open ﬂoor plan, unﬁnished basement, and a fenced lot. Easy Access to I-25, CSU, Budweiser, and Cheyenne. This home is ready to go. Enjoy the Colorado Lifestyle and entertain in this gorgeous home. Contact Christopher Guillan for your private showing at 970-310-9357 for more information or click the link below for more details.
Beautifully maintained and updated town-home style condo.
For more information, please contact us at 970-460-3033 or by clicking here: http://windermerenoco.com/listing/54004112
The hottest question we get in Northern Colorado is this “do you think Fort Collins is the next Boulder?”
Let’s look closely at that question and start with what is similar. They are both beautiful college towns nestled against the foothills. They both have affordability issues which push real estate buyers to satellite communities (what is happening is Wellington is not unlike what happened in Louisville).
Yet there are differences at a fundamental level that will forever keep these two places very different from each other. For example the average Household Income in Boulder is 60% higher than Fort Collins. Here is another big deal, Boulder is only half the size of Fort Collins (25 square miles versus 57 square miles). And get this, the City of Boulder owns 71 square miles of open space in and around the City.
Essentially Boulder is a small island surrounded by an ocean of open space inhabited by very high income-earners. That is why the average price of a single family home in Boulder is now over $1 million.
We put together a short video which shows you more detail about this hot question. Check it out:
Did you miss our Northern Colorado real estate market forecast or do you just want a quick refresher?
Windermere Colorado’s President, Eric Thompson, gives you a recap of what we discussed and what we predict will happen with the housing market in the upcoming years.
Annual employment growth in Colorado was measured at a respectable 2.2% in November and will likely finish the year having created around 55,000 new jobs. Within the metropolitan market areas included in this report, we are seeing employment growth at or above the state level and I anticipate that this will continue to be the case in 2017.
Unemployment rates continue to drop, and with rates now below three percent, all of Colorado’s metro areas are at full employment. Because of this robust level of growth—in concert with very low unemployment levels—I anticipate that we will see some fairly substantial income growth as companies look to recruit new talent and keep existing employees happy.
HOME SALE ACTIVITY
- There were 14,614 home sales during the fourth quarter of 2016—up by a marginal 0.7% from the same period in 2015.
- Jefferson County saw sales grow at the fastest rate over the past 12 months, with a 5.9% increase. Sales activity fell in three counties, but this was a function of short supply rather than slowing demand.
- Listing activity continues to remain well below historic averages, with the total number of homes for sale in the fourth quarter 12.8% below that seen a year ago.
- The key takeaway from this data is that 2017 is shaping up to be one which will still substantially favor home sellers. I do anticipate that we will see some improvement in listing activity, but it is almost a certainty that demand will exceed supply for another year.
- Demand continued to exceed supply in the final three months of 2016 and this caused home prices to continue to rise. In the fourth quarter, average prices rose by 9% when compared to the fourth quarter of 2015. The average sales price across the region is now $393,969.
- In many parts of the region, prices are well above historic highs and continue to trend upward. With double-digit price increases over the past year, the market remains very hot.
- Annual price growth was strongest in Larimer and Jefferson Counties, where prices rose by 11.8% and 10.9% respectively.
- While we will likely see some modest softening in home price growth in 2017, we can still expect a very strong market.